Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we list our top tens of different topics each week!
This week’s topic is “top ten books I wish could have had sequels”.
These books were complete stories but I could just read more about that world or the characters. Many of mine will be favourite series that have concluded… and I just can’t bear to let them go.
I also create titles for them.
(I also apologise for my crappy photoshop skills… I believe my skills are much more better than what’s present here on this post.)
• • •
1. GO BUY THESE BOOKS SO I CAN GET A THIRD! Please. Pretty please. Or I’ll call forth the killer unicorns and direct them towards you with their poisonous alicorns.
2. I miss Trella and Sheepy. I’ve needed a book three since I read Outside In almost two years ago.
3. Sticks (Lucas), Bill’s best gay friend with cerebral palsy, needs his own book. Seriously. Will, get on it!
4. I’m content with how the Gone series concluded in Light, just like I was with Mockingjay, but I still would love there to be another book. A book with the kids as adults and them revisiting Perdido Beach and recounting all the events that occurred during the FAYZ and even before, how their lives were before the barrier came. I guess the pilot script I’ve written for a TV series of this series has Sam as a 20-something year old recounting the events in the FAYZ to his psychiatrist. If I am able to have my idea for a Gone TV series worked out, then that would be good enough for me and I won’t need another book because I explore both how they were before the FAYZ and how they are as adults – call it fan fiction if you will, but it’s one that I do to really see come to light.
5. This beautiful trilogy ended perfectly, it was written perfectly. A book about adult Tariq though would be a nice addition this series.
6. I can see a fourth book. After the ending of Shine Light, yep. It may be open-ended, but not in my head. Someone needs to be found, even if he doesn’t want to be found.
7. So… that was a difficult title to come up with. I love Eon and Eona so a third book is only in my sight – though what’s with authors not leaving themselves room to make adequate and good enough titles? (I’m looking at you Maria V. Snyder, too.)
8. Of course there’s Harry Potter. Though I can’t come up with a good title… Harry Potter and the Ministry Future?
9. I’m slacking off here but I’d like to see more of the Across the Universe series because I want to learn more about the city on Centauri-Earth they wind up finding. Sorry if that’s a spoiler but it was always going to happen.
10. And a second book for Markus Zusak’s I Am the Messenger. A great book that needs a sequel. More cards need to be played.
• • •
Which books or series would you like there to be a sequel if there isn’t already?